Wednesday 30 January 2013

Production: Magazine Changes Based On Social Networking Feedback

I have made a few changes to my magazine based upon the social networking feedback I received. The caption of each screenshot says what I have changed.

In this screenshot I am making my model image (on my double page spread) appear less 'red', I did this by altering the colour balance options in Photoshop. I moved the slider to Cyan to offset the red.

As suggested in my social feedback, I tried putting a grey box around the 'album out now' section of my double page spread. I felt that it looked out of place, so instead repositioned the section.

As suggested in my social network feedback, I have increased the gutter between columns on my double page spread.

I have corrected the alignment issues on my contents page. This included accidental spaces and inconsistent line-height values.

As suggested in several cases in my social networking feedback, I have increased the font size of the publication line on my cover. I also increased the opacity of the drop shadow so it stands out more.

As suggested in my social networking feedback, I have included the editors name and title in the 'editors note' section of my contents page. I also tilted the signature to make it look more realistic.

As suggested in my social networking feedback, I have made the small text on my cover stand out more by adding a subtle black drop shadow.

Here I am using the right eye to overlay the left eye to make it stand out more. I have also blurred the edges of the overal image to focus on the subjects eyes.

As you can see, I have sharpened the subject's eyes so they both match.

As suggested in my social networking feedback, I have removed the redundant copy on my cover.

Once I removed the redundant copy, I aligned the text in the centre of the page.

This is a close up of the copy with a black drop shadow to make it stand out.

No comments: